Slow riding

General discussion of any issues that vaguely or not so vaguely relate to stuff about things that concern riding.

Moderator: BAM Moderators

Re: Slow riding

Postby WhiteBeak » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Horse wrote:Have you seen the 'Ride Like A Pro' web site and DVDs?

I have now !. I like the little flick to the right before the tight left U turn. You could easily end up in a ditch doing that though

After seeing those vids, I have decided to bring sunglasses tomorrow and leave my gloves at home :lol:
WhiteBeak

Location: Armchair keyboard motorcyclist with Sellotaped paper licence:-)

Postby Mike Belch » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:52 pm

WhiteBeak wrote:I had some very strange looks at Marks & Spencer's this morning 8)

You were trying knickers and bras again weren't you?

Look forward to trying this (riding manoeuvre) tomorrow.
Mike Belch

Postby Horse » Sat Nov 08, 2008 9:57 pm

WhiteBeak wrote:
Horse wrote:Have you seen the 'Ride Like A Pro' web site and DVDs?

I have now !. I like the little flick to the right before the tight left U turn. You could easily end up in a ditch doing that though

Which would make you a bit of a silly flicker, wouldn't it? :)
I assert my author rights: Copyright Design Patent Act 1988 may be quoted in Chain Link posts, but contacted for written consent before any other use/storage/transmission/recording

Argue with me: http://the-ride-info.blogspot.com
Horse

Postby Evel Knievel » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:01 pm

WhiteBeak wrote:After seeing those vids, I have decided to bring sunglasses tomorrow and leave my gloves at home :lol:

Short sleeved shirt too! Though looking out at it now, maybe an umbrella might be better :wink:
Too much "Oh sh!t" = Not enough "What if?"
Evel Knievel

Re:

Postby Bigdave » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:34 pm

Al wrote:
Mike Belch wrote:I'm told that at a previous CVAM event (they do this anually) the best performance was from a really short rider on a 1300 Pan (Dave Mason, for those of you in Freewheelers who know him) confirming that it is not just about the bike but also partly down to rider skill.

At the RoSPA session there was a bloke on a GSX1400 who did all the manoeuvres as if he were on a CG125. Impressive enough as it was, but he did them with a pillion.

Hi Guys
Dave Mason here aka 'Bigdave'
I'm the little guy who Mike Belch has mentioned. I moved to Bristol Last year & intend to defect to BAM from CVAM.
Just thought I would include a photo of me at Avon & Somerset Police HQ whilst on the slow riding evening.
Please note: I also carried out the exercise carrying a pillion.
269782820_dsc00952.jpg
Slow riding with pillion
269782820_dsc00952.jpg (228.56 KiB) Viewed 11557 times
Life is like a roll of toilet paper. The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes.
Bigdave

Previous

Return to Advanced Riding Issues