Super Sunday 3rd Feb 2013

Details of forthcoming Super Sunday events.

Super Sunday 3rd Feb 2013

Postby melmac » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:50 am

It's that time again folks -

So unwrap your motorbikes if they've been cooped up because of the snow, creak open the leathers and other riding kit, don't forget those P.O.W.D.E.R checks before you set off, then make your way to our first Super Sunday session of 2013

Martyn will be there to warm you up with bacon butties and the refreshments for teas and coffees will be inside so you can catch up with everyone before Billy reminds us what the morning is about and whats coming up before you all go out on the road.

So anyone who wants to get an assessed ride, a refresher ride, keep observing skills alive, or be part of the Green team that helps run these events each month - then this Sunday 3rd Feb pop along to Kings Oak Academy , Brook Road, near the Tennis Court pub, Kingswood BS15 4JT (just off the A4174/A420 ring road junction)
see: www.kingsoakacademy.org.uk

Turn up by 9am to register first, grab a drink and bacon buttie and mingle - Billy starts his intro at 9:30

Go careful out there and see you Sunday

Mel
melmac

Re: Super Sunday 3rd Feb 2013

Postby GsxrGareth » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:19 pm

Can't make it myself cos of a knee injury. Remember when snow was fun and exciting rather than something that injured you? Seems like a long time ago........
GsxrGareth

Postby wunwinglow » Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:35 pm

Sorry to hear that Gareth, do you want me to drop a bacon sarnie around to you after the meeting? Get well soon!
Tim Perry
Two things happen as you get older and I can't remember either of them.
wunwinglow

Postby melmac » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Thanks to everyone who turned up today, we had an excellent turnout with lots of certificate presentations, new associates coming to see what we are about, so you want to be an observer sessions, meet the examiner, a committee meeting and Martyn completely sold out of all his bacon butties - wow if this is what happens on a 'fresh' February imagine the buzz when the sun is smiling down on us.

It was great to see everyone enjoying themselves, so see you at Coalpit Heath on the 13th, or at the Black Shed near Slimbridge on Sun 17th Feb, or at next months Super Sunday.

Bye for now
Mel
melmac

Postby GsxrGareth » Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:16 pm

I like the sound of Tim's idea: Bacon roll delivery service - especially after a Saturday of rugby and ale! From the sounds of Mel's report there are enough of us to cover the whole region! Looking forward to March madness!
GsxrGareth

Postby dorris1988 » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:24 pm

Did my first super sunday today, was good to see so many fellow bikers in one place. Had my first taster of an observed ride, well if you can call 6miles an observed ride!(speedo packed up, of all days!) Looking forward to the next one and to progressing further than 6 miles when i start my official observed rides.
dorris1988

Postby ozzzie » Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 pm

dorris1988 wrote:Did my first super sunday today, was good to see so many fellow bikers in one place. Had my first taster of an observed ride, well if you can call 6miles an observed ride!(speedo packed up, of all days!) Looking forward to the next one and to progressing further than 6 miles when i start my official observed rides.

Welcome to our happy band of bikers. Wait until the summer gets here and we get busy.
Oz.
Site Admin

Warning: Postings may contain traces of irony or sarcasm.
ozzzie
Site Admin

Postby dorris1988 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 8:48 pm

ozzzie wrote:
dorris1988 wrote:Did my first super sunday today, was good to see so many fellow bikers in one place. Had my first taster of an observed ride, well if you can call 6miles an observed ride!(speedo packed up, of all days!) Looking forward to the next one and to progressing further than 6 miles when i start my official observed rides.

Welcome to our happy band of bikers. Wait until the summer gets here and we get busy.

I cannot wait, have been reading the chain link newsletter and i hope i get my green card before the summer comes so i can join in the fun!
dorris1988

Return to Super Sundays