A Super start to the year !

Details of forthcoming Super Sunday events.

A Super start to the year !

Postby melmac » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Thanks to everyone who turned out today on a frosty Feb morning to help setup and welcome our new riders for this year.
Despite the cold, with a temporary bike park on the main road and with some others making the decision to not venture out on two wheels we still had a great turnout and able to prove 5 new riders with a free assessed ride all of whom were signed up for skill for life.... So a big welcome to all of you.

Martyn sold out of bacon butties to keep people warm and act as a focal point for gossip on what the season ahead was going to bring us and who has already been out testing and buying new bikes.......there was also a flurry of sales on the new range of fleece goodies available

So don't forget Coalpit Heath on Weds to carry on the social side and keep BAM buzzing :P

See you there

Mel
melmac

Re: A Super start to the year !

Postby Billy Burns » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:29 am

What an amazing day yesterday turned out to be. Should we have cancelled it?? We can’t as we have put an invitation out there to bikers to say we will be there 11 months of the year. We have a responsibility and duty to be there even if it is only to explain to bikers why we are unable to deliver.

As Mel said 5 new guys have joined us plus one other signed up before yesterday and I know of at least 3 bikers who received a SFL course for Christmas, isn’t Father Christmas a nice guy?

We also presented 5 IAM pass certificates to 5 new members, 2 girls and 3 boys. Well done guys. In addition 3 associates and 4 Observers turned up on their bikes.
However, there was something like 40 people there including the green team and stacks of Observers, most leaving their bikes at home, including me. You could either get safety to a main road or you couldn’t . It was an individual choice which no one is questioning as it’s your limbs, your bike, your shout.

Martyn was concerned he might have a lot of food left over, he didn’t. I saw Geoff Abraham have TWO giant breakfast buns stuffed with bacon & egg. Thanks Martyn and Mel for all you do, without the attraction of your breakfast treat I won’t be there!!!!

We also had 3 people volunteer to help run the Club, two for Coalpit heath and one joining the green team. We need MORE volunteers so if you would like to join in by helping then see/contact me and I’ll point you in the right direction.

Observing is a separate issue being met in the March (4th) Super Sunday by the holding of the first “So you would like to be a BAM Observer” session shortly after the allocations have been completed and things have settled down.

“Meet the examiner” will also recommence at the March (4th) Super Sunday.

What was remarkable was realising that we are/have moved, by design, from a purely IAM affiliated training group into the BAM biking club. The club is developing a life of it’s own, training other bikers is it’s core function, but not it’s sole purpose. In addition I and others were able to get some BAM business sorted as this is in effect a monthly management meeting.

A great start for 2012.

2011 was also a great year for us so please come to the AGM at Coalpit Heath on Wednesday 14th March and hear why. A buffet is included and it’s always a cracker.

Billy
BAM Chief Observer
Last edited by Billy Burns on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Burns

Re: A Super start to the year !

Postby tfdodo » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Billy Burns wrote:What an amazing day yesterday turned out to be...
What was remarkable was realising that we are/have moved, by design, from a purely IAM affiliated training group into the BAM biking club. The club is developing a life of it’s own, training other bikers is it’s core function, but not it’s sole purpose.

I'd just like to use this opportunity to thank all the committee members who work, largely behind the scenes, to get all this happening. Having been there I know that often the easier and smoother it looks from "front of house", that is because that much more "invisible" effort is being put into it - like all of us, all voluntary and unpaid, for the responsibility as well as the time.

So - members, please consider offering to help (either Green Team and/or the committee) if you can make the time available, especially as the group continues to succeed and grow.

And I'll single out Billy and Oz for leading us here so far :D

Thanks guys :)
Rubber side down,
Nick A (SO-Team B)

"In a perfect world the future wouldn't make a dent..."

Balance Safety and Joy
tfdodo

Return to Super Sundays